January 28th, 2009
10:44 PM GMT

DAVOS, Switzerland - I often ask myself why do I bother to come here? Then I remember, I am here as a journalist covering what the leaders say and do. But why do so many delegates, who have a choice, come here? Surely they would be better off tending to their business back home?

Ordinary delegates say they want to hear what world leaders say about crisis.
Ordinary delegates say they want to hear what world leaders say about crisis.

This morning I got the official schedule. Some of the sessions are extremely timely and relevant. The "Brainstorm - What happened to the Global Economy?" panel promises to be good. But other sessions, like "What is Good Design?" or "Political Art: What Now?" while interesting in an esoteric way, are hardly vital at this time of crisis.

In the registration hall I asked "ordinary" delegates why they came. Not the high and mighty - just mid-level executives and officials who make up the bulk of Davos.

Some said they wanted to hear world leaders and decision makers talk about the best way out of the financial mess (after all Vladmir Putin, Angela Merkel, Gordon Brown Wen Jiabao are all scheduled to speak). Others come to continue their dialogue with clients and suppliers and discuss what they need to do next.

Representatives from NGOs and aid groups like UNICEF attend, to make sure their causes are not forgotten in this moment of crisis. One lucky businessman is here to talk to investors in medical research - yes, there are still some people with money to invest.

Lots of delegates have been coming to Davos for many years - this event is part of their calendar. Just as you don't stop going to visit relatives at Christmas, so you still come to Davos in a crisis; even more so, they would say.

Perhaps the real reason to be here is summed up by the delegate from Asia who said "opportunity is the opposite of crisis." Quite!

Tune in to CNN International each evening at 1900 GMT to catch ‘Quest Means Business.’

For more coverage of this year’s World Economic Forum, go to our special Davos page.

1. TURIJOSH JOSHUA

- I FOR ONE FEEL THAT THE GLOBAL ECONOMIC C RISIS WAS CAUSED BY SELFISHNESS. WHERE RICH ECONOMIES NEVER WANTED TO TRADE WITH THE POOR NATIONS.
    - SECONDARY THE ISSUE OF PROTECTIONISM, THERE IS NEED TO OPEN ECONOMIES TRADE FREELY WITH ONE ANAOTHER.
    - THEN THE FAILURE TO CARE FOR THE ENVIRONMENT IS ANOTHER THING
    -RECKLESS CREDIT DECISIONS; POOR EVALUATION OF CREDIT WORTHNESS.
    THATS WHAT I THINK.
    JOSHUA IS BASED HERE IN UGANDA AND IS PROCUREMENT PROFESSIONAL

January 29, 2009 at 2:03 pm |
  2. SandraLeeJ

Hi, I just want to introduce myself. I'm Sandra from Beverly Hills, CA.

I'm kind of shy so I don't have too much to say right now. Hopefully I'll meet new friends here
    in this forum soon.

Bye for now, I'm off to do some shopping. lol

Here's where I get 85% of my stuff for free, that's why I love to shop.

Despite the advice about choosing your friends wisely, you really cannot choose your friends. They choose you.

March 21, 2009 at 5:11 am |
  3. FXHuge

Hello,
    It my First Post on this informative Forum – questmeansbusiness.blogs.cnn.com.
    trade Mastermind Offers online forex trading, currency forex trading courses and forex trading training. Our traders will provide you the best forex training and trading education to help you generate Big revenue with forex trading. If you are a Forex currency trading newbie, your first order of business is to get yourself informed. Forex trading can truly be highly profitably.
    However, without knowing its essentials, you will not earn one single dollar from it and may even lose your investment. Trading foreigen currencies is a challenging and potentially profitable opportunity for educated and experienced investors. However, before deciding to participate in the Forex market, you should carefully consider your investment objectives, levels of experience and risk appetite. Most importantly, do not invest money you cannot afford to lose.
    You have seen the potential for how much money can me made in Forex trading and you really want to make it work for yourself. But somehow it just doesn't seem to work as well as you expected even after taking several high priced forex training courses and softwares. Well the reason that others are not able to show you how to trade success will become clear to you once you experience the insights and breakthroughs that this video training course reveals. Trading Mastermind is a community of Traders who are committed to sharing insights and experiences for the benefit of the entire community. Although many of the traders of this community focus on the Forex market, the trading principles and methods used can be applied to any of the financial markets and some are focused on Futures, Commodities, Bonds, and other instruments. OURFREE FOREX COURSE

April 14, 2009 at 1:39 am |
  4. Solvirser

The obligatory Matthew McConaughey scene — as crucial to his fans as a Miley Cyrus song or a Seth Rogen penis joke is to theirs — is the ritual removing of his shirt, to reveal a torso that could have been sculpted, or certainly caressed, by Michelangelo.
    Read

May 5, 2009 at 11:34 am |
  5. wipherseplern

Hey

Have you heard about the CB Quantum System?

It's amazing, simply fabulous.

Check out these sites:

June 1, 2009 at 10:41 pm |
  6. Brightlight

I welcome. Has seen here a lot of helpful information. I wish to share the which is to this address http://auto-toplist.ru/

June 13, 2009 at 9:15 am |
  7. janiceenberg

Just saying hello to you all .. Still a bit confused about the goings on here, but I guess I'll keep poking around.

June 15, 2009 at 11:31 am |
  8. kyliemengis

Hey All, it's always nice to meet new people..Just wanted to introduce my self as new comer into the forum and for you all please feel free to ad me to your buddy list

June 15, 2009 at 5:01 pm |
  9. JonathanBaru

Hi all of you!

I felt that I should to make an introduction to you all. I hope that that we all will have great conversations together!

So Greetings!

-Jon

February 19, 2010 at 8:33 am |
  10. EASENMUPE

Hey.

Assist poverty situations nationwide for free! All u have to do is complete surveys, or play free games on the help poverty web site, and their supporters will right away transfer money to organizations whose unique goal iz to help poverty situations worldwide! This iz a revolutionary idea and it works, cause U will not have to spend to assist, but money will even so be transferred to those who need it.

Thanks for reading this!

February 21, 2010 at 9:34 am |
  11. Forex Trainee

Great information! I have been trying to earn some extra cash with currency trading for more or less three months with so so results. Because of this post I appreciate now that it will not be as fast or as painless as I thought

February 27, 2010 at 4:12 pm |
  12. DexLayellamum

Hallo,

Ik ga trouwen en ben op zoek naar een trouwjurk.

uik kwam op deze bruidsjutk site...

wat vinden jullie hier van?

Dank je!

Annemarie

March 2, 2010 at 2:57 pm |
  13. extizeGax

Dear friend,

I’m glad to introduce you a shipping company with low rates USAMailForward.com
    I have purchased a plasma TV at bestbuy.com and it came to me safe in 9 days! I had a very difficult time talking with other forwarding companies, but as for USAMailForward – they know what they do and do it really well!

Appreciate your contributions, Pamela

March 6, 2010 at 6:35 am |
  14. daviduxresll

Ideally , my proprietor can give me treats that day. I cannot wait!

April 4, 2010 at 2:20 pm |
  15. Resseturi

Affordable Cars of Hickory is a secretively visitors categorized beneath Automobiles, Old Cars Only and located in Conover, NC
    affordable cars hickory nc website

April 24, 2010 at 11:45 am |
  16. RaiberbatRy

Hi Yall, i would just like to make an introduction to everyone at questmeansbusiness.blogs.cnn.com
    Your forum is brilliant! Usually when I visit forums, I just come across crap, but this time I was really surprised, finding a helpful forum containing fantastic information. Thanks dudes and keep this fantastic effort up.

July 2, 2010 at 5:47 pm |
  17. RaiberbatRy

Hi Peeps, i would just like to make an introduction to everyone at questmeansbusiness.blogs.cnn.com

Your forum is fantastic! Frequently when I visit forums, I just come across junk, but this time I was really surprised, finding a informative forum containing good information.

Thanks guys and keep the good effort up.

August 4, 2010 at 6:05 pm |
  18. crinart

Great to get here, one of the nicest looking forms I've seen in terms of design.Hope I able meet a lot of you, read some good knowledge and also making contributions my own share.

As those who call for it, in my signature there is some interesting information about microwave ovens.

September 11, 2010 at 11:44 pm |