April 7th, 2009
07:13 PM GMT

Here are some of the tweets I received following that report "Do You Trust Your Boss...?" survey. You can read about the survey here -     http://tinyurl.com/d4vypvAnd remember...some of these responses were tongue firmly in cheek....add your own at the bottom, and watch my Profitable Moment here on the blog.

====================================

sunnysandiego – Richard,The reason most people don't trust the bosses is b/c they're sneaky,underhanded, and backstabbing idiots.

vanessa_87 – well, i work for a summer camp in the summer, and my boss is a real cool dude, so yeah i guess i trust him.

adamcobb – They lie to you and do their upmost to screw you over. Why should we trust them?

nickdonnelly – do you trust *your* boss Richard? (I think I know your answer ;)...)

ane76 – hope there is a "do you trust your employees" follow up for us bosses

hammansamuel – .But what if I'm my own boss? Do I trust my boss now???

arunmoola – I dont know if I trust him or not, but I'd like to give him the benefit of doubt

martinpons – depends if the boss trusts me

jeremymonteiro – There is no such thing as loyalty between bosses & employees anymore, only Fairplay, & even that seems to b going out of style

eastcoastjac – I trust my boss completly. Well, he's my husband, so I guess that makes a difrence. But some don't trust their hubbies either.

helevole – loyalty and trust extends only as far as the pay check we are office mercenaries these days

nancygonzalez – Yes, I trust my boss. I can't believe how lucky I am–especially in this job climate. I'd follow her straight into hell.

wordsmanifest – no. at the end of the day work is a transaction, and i never trust anyone holding my money. it'd be the same way vice versa.

88angel – UMM..as far as I can throw 'em and that's not too far! LOL Seriously.Just kidding..I'm my own boss, I trust myself perfectly!

You can add YOURS below

1. tmentz

I don't trust my boss at all...I have to look at him in the mirror every day! ;-)

April 7, 2009 at 7:22 pm |
  2. Maren in Oregon

DO I trust my boss?

Trusting one's boss is like trusting the poisonous snake from which you derive venom to sell – it profits you to treat him with care.

Everything I say to him must be vetted, if possible, to be repeatable to others and virtually spin-proof. Therefore, nothing I say to him has any measurable content. The odd thing is that he hasn't noticed.

April 7, 2009 at 7:23 pm |
  3. Boris

It's like the politicians, they don't lie they just don't tell the truth. In business (boss=politician) that is called motivation!

April 7, 2009 at 7:29 pm |
  4. Peter

Trusting a boss is a reflection of the respect they give their team...Faith in their work and recognition as appropriate goes a long way towards building respect.

April 7, 2009 at 7:59 pm |
  5. Craig Eyles

Well, I'm at home with the kiddies, so "I"M the boss. There's 2 simple rules that my 6 year old knows.
    1. Listen to the "Big Cheese"
    2. Listen to the "Big Cheese"

April 7, 2009 at 8:06 pm |
  6. Sankhya

The reason I don't trust my boss is because he is always complaining about his other employees to me. Does he really think I don't suspect he's complaining about me to them?!

April 7, 2009 at 8:07 pm |
  7. jazzjmg

No sir . . .she's save her bottom at any cost. Mine . . .she gives away freely!

April 7, 2009 at 8:29 pm |
  8. jun carino

yes. i trust her completely. Oh, here comes my wife "Hi Boss, how are you today?" hehehe

April 7, 2009 at 8:33 pm |
  9. Rikki, Fargo, ND

I just started a new job and so far she hasn't done anything to lose my trust! But I guess its still early on! :)

April 7, 2009 at 10:41 pm |
  10. Karuana

Wow – how cynical people are. If I didn't trust my boss I wouldn't work for him. People have shortcomings but workplace trust is not the same as trust between familly or partners. Why are people settling for working for jerks? Life is larger than this.

April 7, 2009 at 11:29 pm |
  11. Vix

No ways , i can never trust em bosses, they lie through thier noses , they twist and turn the truth around . They could be honest about the facts no matter what the circumstances . At least we know where we stand rather than staying in the dark. I dont know but tats me.

April 8, 2009 at 3:07 am |
  12. Christopher Hobe Morrison, Pine Bush, NY, USA

It seems to me that with everybody having constantly to look over their shoulder and check every so often for daggers in their backs and pink slips in their inboxes that trust of bosses might not be so great.

If there is a sense of mutual trust between employees and employers, a certain degree of loyalty and support we could all probably worry less and be more productive.

April 8, 2009 at 3:37 am |
  13. shoaib

i firstly recomnd that my boss should trust on me and definetly i will trust him it is give and take ....but ur reputation involves....

April 8, 2009 at 7:37 am |
  14. daskey

It's a rare boss that trusts their employees and works for their best interest. If that is present, then I think the question of whether one trusts their boss or not becomes entirely moot.

April 8, 2009 at 8:53 am |
  15. kay

Noooooo.. My boss is a HYPOCRITIC EGOMANIACAL CHEATLIAR

April 8, 2009 at 11:31 am |
  16. Nikolaj C. Kleist

Managing is putting down gidelines for people of different interesses for a commen goal. Hope they line up for the better.
    If the lines are broken by outer means. I would call it forcemeajore.

April 8, 2009 at 9:23 pm |
  17. double d

When my boss's month is opened he tells a lie. He often goes back on his words. MY BOSS IS WORKING FOR MY BOSS ONLY.

April 9, 2009 at 4:22 am |
  18. Rosario Salihiano

Good Morning from sunny Zurich, Switzerland.

Do I trsut my boss when it comes to work matters? Yes. This being as his backside is the first to be on the line if the office is not functioning and or producing as it should be.

But. Do I trust my boss not to cheat on his wife. Well that is another matter.

April 9, 2009 at 8:42 am |
  19. questfan#1

yes,but i consider myself more motivated.

April 9, 2009 at 10:24 am |
  20. kate Douma

Management & HR – One in the same. Do I trust them???No way!

April 9, 2009 at 3:52 pm |
  21. Filmex

I work in the film industry..I am a sort of boss in what I do..Everyone tells me that they trust me....so I am still looking for someone honest enough to tell me that they do'nt !!!!!

April 9, 2009 at 7:05 pm |
  22. cali

how can you trust a boss who is so insecure and dumb that he cannot think of any solutions to the problems and will solicit answers from the rank and file and claim to the CEOs, the answers came from himself?! Well maybe he is not that dumb as the CEOs believed in him. So his boss is dumb too and cant be trusted as well!

April 10, 2009 at 7:54 am |
  23. ian

it's hard these days, every boss is different, but you should try to remember that bosses and employes really have different goals, bosses want to get the most out of their workersfor the least, while workers want to work the least for the most money possible...

April 10, 2009 at 8:15 am |
  24. HannahB

I completely agree – a Human HR department goes a long way to gaining any kind of credibility within a Company. I have worked with great HR and the pitts of them.

April 10, 2009 at 5:26 pm |
  25. korean jisoo

Yes, I trust my boss. Because I'm boss. But I have a hard problem. The problem is hard times.

April 10, 2009 at 6:57 pm |
  26. creek

The time he does not trust me and i don't trust him .... its time to part ways or build trust again.....it could start from either side...

April 11, 2009 at 11:00 am |
  27. Sam

Never, I had so many bad experiences with real Conscious Incompetents that I gave up the idea for working for someone and became self employed. That was when I got paid what I deserved and never went back to work for anyone except myself. HAPPILY IN MY 23 YEAR OF RETIREMENT AND BEEN THERE, SEEN IT, AND DONE IT.

None of which could have been achieved as an employee, except perhaps for your free travel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 12, 2009 at 4:29 pm |
  28. requiredreading

You heart is black, your motivation is rabid, and you're a journalist.

April 12, 2009 at 7:47 pm |
  29. Vanessa, TX

Hiya Richard..do I trust my boss?? is that a trick question?? lol J/K
    I actually do trust my boss when it comes to the business portion of our work, however, when it comes to office supplies, thats an entirely different story! lol

April 13, 2009 at 8:32 pm |
  30. RedGrouper

Read the book Coping with Toxic Managers by Roy H. Lubit. It tells you how to deal with every personality disoder including paranoid managers, narcissistic managersers, grandiose managers, chauvenists, compulsive managers, anti-social managers and, chillingly, homicidal managers

April 16, 2009 at 9:55 pm |