April 24th, 2009
07:29 PM GMT

A Friday Profitable Moment....Just for the readers of this Blog.

All week we have reported horrible economic news – whether it's Britain's tax the rich budget, or Spain's double digit unemployment. We have been battered by US company results and beaten up by the IMF telling us it's the first global recession since the second World War. The losses will rack up to more than $4 trillion dollars. Phew. That's a lot to take in over one week.

There is so much to worry about that it's hard to switch off at the weekend. We can try and escape but there are always the nagging worried of bills unpaid, jobs at risk and financial dangers ahead.

But the weekend is now upon us, and I asked on the show, whether or not you would be worried by money this weekend. Here are some of your thoughts. Let me know whether you are worried, and what you can do about it.

I am in Paris this week, filming, but I hope that whatever you're upto this weekend (a brisk walk, some gardening, a bit of shopping) It's profitable !

======================================================

jade59@richardquest No we will not worry about money this W-E,we learn a while ago worrying won't change a thing,W-E is a break,so we'll have one

qM@richardquest I don't worry about money. I worry about the lack of money!

Gotaclue@richardquest No. It's not as though I'm going to buy a new Rolex this weekend.

swortman1@richardquest i worry about money all the time. prices keep going up and there not showing sign of going down.

healthysalone@richardquest No. Worrying is a pointless activity regardless of the situation. I know of no situation that has changed because I worried.

eastcoastjac@richardquest I do not worry about money – I have more than enough to meet my needs. Positive thought and Law of Attraction in action.

boezel@richardquest NO! From a terrace in the Netherlands

jbtorres@richardquest with all of the recent company financial reports, I should worry

ixVintageKissxi@richardquest I think that it's hard for people not to be worried about money right now. Very few people have that luxury anymore about money everyday until the recession ends.

boxtersushi@richardquest nope! About to run to the bank for our weekly cash (since beginning of year cash only excl travel) now tons of money on hand!

Gatorfitz@richardquest Not Worry, I wiiJust watch what I spend and be smart.

woodythehawk@richardquest Affirmative!!! I am on a fixed US retirement income and living in Egypt, and the end of the month is drawing near.

Tacarigua@richardquest Money is no problem - the problem IS money.

PepsiZecoon@richardquest We might be tight on budget, but we do manage. So I myself, won't.

javiaven@richardquest Worry? Why worry? I'm going skydiving! Like the economy! Gerooonimoooo!!!!

mananqureshi@richardquest We worry about money every weekeend richard1 where it goes! heaven knows! (giggle)

Rikki_ND@richardquest What's the point in worrying? Economies are cyclical and we will recover from this too, we've been through worse and survived!

R_P_Perry@richardquest They can't take money I dont have. No need to worry I have a shotgun and enough food for the weekend Should be fine come Mon

buklah@richardquest I find myself worrying,itsnot something I can help. Will I lose my job, Can I afford my standard of living? Can I pay my bills

foxybacon@richardquest I must admit that I am not majorly worried about it. Que sera, sera. Whatever will be, will be :o)

1. Mary

YES, the college loans are killing me. If anyone want to contribute to my college loan funds contact me, I'll give you my paypal account. :-)

April 24, 2009 at 7:39 pm |
  2. Barbara

I can't say I really worry, per se, but I was laid off from job in Silicon Valley and was unemployed for almost a year before I got my present job. The good thing is that I still spend as if I were unemployed!

April 24, 2009 at 8:11 pm |
  3. lucienne Larrabure

I just felt the same...When the 'thought' of worry came into my mind...about the weekend, the money, what will happen next monday, week and so on....I just stopped and thought deeper!! and switch the worry for the glory hahahaaa....no, really, i;m serious, think about this.
    You can create a magnificent life, wealth, health, love, environment, circumstances etc etc etc, with your feelings, dont let your superflual emotions take control, YOU take control, you decide, you feel, you do o not do, so swith the worry for the glory, and enjoy life! When the moment of money comes, you act, you can plan possitively how to imporve your finances, life, whatever, but do not waste a second worring for what is not under your control right now....Free yourself, feel good, look good, think GREAT. It's worth it!

April 24, 2009 at 8:17 pm |
  4. Beverly Haynes

The worry is whether or not to spend money, as the minute you do something goes wrong, and then you need the money you just spend. So, I worry whether I should spend. I spent money on my car, which is paid for, and on the way home, the car dies, now a major part needs to be replaced. However, the car is still paid for and the cost is about $400.00, but when I pay the repair bill thats that. Still cheaper then buying a new car!!!!

April 24, 2009 at 8:26 pm |
  5. Carol Galiano

"Once upon a time, in a faraway land, a young man went to the forest and said to his spiritual master, 'I want to have unlimted wealth, and with that unlimited wealth, I want to help and heal the world. Will you please tell me the secret to creating affluence?'
    "And the spiritual master replied 'There are two Goddesses that reside in the heart of every human being. Everybody is deeply in love with these supreme beings. But there is a certain secret that you need to know, and I will tell you what it is.
    'Although you love both Goddesses, you may pay more attention to one them. She is the Goddess of Knowledge, and her name is Sarasvasti. Pursue her love her and give her your attention. The other Goddess, whose name is Lakshmi, is the Goddess of Wealth. When you pay more attention to Sarasvati, Lakshmi will become extremely jealous and pay more attention to you.
    'The more you seek the Goddess of Knowledge, the more the Goddess of Wealth will seek you. She will follow you whereever you go and never leave you. And the wealth you desire will be yours forever'
    "There is power in knowledge, desire and spirit. This power is within you and is the key to creating affluence" - From Creating Affluence by Deepak Chopra.

April 25, 2009 at 8:30 am |
  6. Peter Vaz

Yes Prof. Quest our brisk walk is to HELL. and if you are on a spending spree then do remember us and think of buying something for us. Now all those Apples are gone...but 23 are balance...hope there is any inventory...administration is on hangover and taxpayers are in Que for lunch boxes. See you get special blessing of Nostradamus...we need prediction for the 2009 century.

Now all the crisis are over! and G7 boast of it all.....and IMF mourning because 50 and 90 million people worldwide will be go to bed without food worldwide due to recession. ...The growth in the developing world will fall to 1.5% from 8 %....Millions will lose jobs, this all in store for 2009... Now tell us Prof. Quest the route to Profitability weekend.

April 25, 2009 at 10:55 am |
  7. Dave Dawson

MONEY WORRIES? YES & YES!
    Only on the U.S. Dollar do I see the words "IN GOD WE TRUST".
    Globally, that makes the U.S. Dollar kinda strange.
    I certainly like the feel of it.
    KEEP TEMPTING ME AMERICA & I'LL KEEP PROMISING!
    The latest on Twitter is;
    THE SACRED BREEDING GROUNDS ARE NOW READY.
    I do hope God is watching!
    Do I know how to have a nice day?

April 25, 2009 at 11:58 am |
  8. Dave Dawson

MONEY WORRIES? TRY STRESS! IT WORKS EVERYTIME!

April 25, 2009 at 3:13 pm |
  9. Barbara

Just read Beverly Haynes's comment. I'm in a similar position, with a car that's paid for. I just read in The Economist that Germany is giving an incentive (around $3,000 equivalent, I think) to turn in old cars and buy a new one. I asked myself if I would do that (my car is 10 years old). I decided it's not worth it. Like Beverly, I think I'd rather pay the occasional $400 repair than a new car payment. I wonder what Beverly and others would do given the offer?

April 25, 2009 at 5:08 pm |
  10. Peter Vaz

Prof Quest we are deaf now….Restructure the banking structure (applying tar coats)…Reform the financial sectors (calling Bin Laden who is now sleeping on dollars)…..Revitalize the Stimulus Packages (for banks and industry and we are begging)…Transform economy ( we are beggars now and spending or lending money to the markets)….Fed..fed..fed up Professor Quest with all these sermons of FED…. IMF…WB….G7….G20….ILO….UN….Obama…are there any more bodies?….time for you now “TO TRANSPORT US IN HELL”. will there be any doomed CEO, economist, economist, analysist in Hell?

April 26, 2009 at 8:45 am |
  11. Peter Vaz

Mary...let us ask Prof. Quest for your wants..because he is not worried about the jobless...poor Susan at the NYSE at least stressing on unemployment. Prof. Quest and Maggie Lake, Oh their worries are of huge bailout corporations........Dave Dawson....you have solved money worries and to all in problem, Mr. STRESS-STRAIN KAHN will resolve the problems.....Carol yes all those thousand goddess are opposite to BSE, Dalal street in Mumbai showering money on us.......you see now days astrologers tuned to economist ....are minting money and people waiting in Q.....Let's wait and see what our Prof. Quest will bring from France....doomed financial prophesies of Nostradamus!!!!

April 27, 2009 at 8:15 am |
  12. Dave Dawson

WHO ORDERED THE MEXICAN SWINE FLU OUTBREAK?
    Even more strain on the economy – just when you least needed it!
    At least the surgical face masks are FREE!
    Time I helped....
    So far, they've got a virus that's triggered by LATIN – a bit like a Priest!
    I'm just reading any amendments to MURPHY'S LAW & MURPHY'S LAW now states that;
    The Angel of Death still has plenty more cards up them sleeves.
    Have you noticed that the Angel of Death costs an ABSOLUTE FORTUNE? Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!
    Have a fruitful day America,

April 27, 2009 at 8:58 am |
  13. Stefano

Problem is that the one positive side of the crisis – i.e. prices dropping dramatically down – is not happening, at least here in Europe. This makes me guess that the cost of the crisis will be paid by the consumers and not by the bankers.

April 27, 2009 at 11:09 am |
  14. Dave Dawson

DARE YOU DO THE MEXICAN SNEEZE NOW YOU'RE SURROUNDED BY SO MANY FRAGILE ECONOMIES?

April 27, 2009 at 4:21 pm |
  15. ales

I'm concerned (not worried) about the impact of global recession on my finances also on everyone

April 27, 2009 at 6:44 pm |
  16. Cachaspam

What a sorry bunch New Yorkers have become. Once the toughest americans you could find . Now you have a bunch of them crying over a jet flying over the city. LIFE GOES ON. While we all feel for the victims of 911 and their families, stressing over a plane overhead and making a public ass of whoever authorized it is ridiculous. NO, NY's SKIES ARE NOT SACRED GROUND, unless you mean sacred to the descendants of all the native tribes we displaced.

Greatest country in the world, and stupidest condescending culture too.

April 28, 2009 at 7:01 pm |
  17. Zucareli

Time is money, so... I´m very busy !!!!

April 29, 2009 at 5:00 pm |
  18. Heidi

No, I won't worry about money this weekend. I'm earning a bit of it, and spending a bit more. Fact is no real point in worrying about the money right now. We have things we must do with it, and hopefully a little left over to do things we want to do with it. It's a glorious day in Anchorage Alaska. One shouldn't be worrying about money when the great outdoors for the most part is free!

May 2, 2009 at 6:28 pm |