April 29th, 2009
07:31 AM GMT

1. Alex (California, USA)

Great food for thought even for a groggy lass like me at 12 midnight.

April 29, 2009 at 7:38 am |
  2. Narek

I read now on bbc that the German authorities confirmed the first case.. and guess what in Bavaria... And I am currently in a Business trip in Munich...

I am waiting until tomorrow when I will escape Bavaria, and there is no way I am taking that ticket :)

April 29, 2009 at 7:47 am |
  3. Jacob

I'll take a free ticket to Mexico...as long as comes with a hazmat suit. :P

April 29, 2009 at 8:04 am |
  4. MarieAnne Sam - Alabang in the Philippines

Free ticket?? Why not? How about free hotel acommodation as add-on - and for how many nights/days?

Quite a good offer specially during these dire times were you need to be frugally thrifty and think twice before you spend that hard-earned bucks!

Well, the risk of course, is having that fat chance of getting infected by the swine bug! What is adventure anyway if you're not a 'risk taker'! It adds up to the enjoyment -- and there is always plenty of time to die tomorrow! LOL :-)

April 29, 2009 at 8:16 am |
  5. Vic Benedicto

hmmmm............Sure! as long as you schedule it for Xmas.
    hehehe.......

April 29, 2009 at 8:45 am |
  6. Rick Schoenstein

Richard, given the fact that despite my extensive travel through the UK in route to western European destinations for nearly a decade I have never had the fortune to stop in the UK. How about I trade you a ticket to Mexico for one to the UK?

April 29, 2009 at 8:48 am |
  7. Simone R (Belgium, EU)

Of course, i'd take the ticket. Come on is not even likely to meet someone sick remember that mexico has 109m people and 150 sick. Much easier to be shot that to get sick.

April 29, 2009 at 9:58 am |
  8. requiredreading

I think you will have to find your own comment on that. I won't be travelling this week-end

April 29, 2009 at 10:31 am |
  9. Peter Vaz

Give WHO the free ticket to Mexico....to investigate the truths and book the crooks, or health authorities who increased the death levels. Is there any investigation ON Professor Quest......Nail those health authorities in our Quest Program.

April 29, 2009 at 11:14 am |
  10. Vacant Heart

As I mentioned on Twitter, pork is as tasty elsewhere!

April 29, 2009 at 12:03 pm |
  11. Aviator365

r u nuts? Why only Mexico...Just send us free tickets to Afghanistan,Sri lanka and Iraq and heck, why not a quick stopover to Pakistan? P.S. do u get miles with the tickets?

April 29, 2009 at 3:31 pm |
  12. Seruserry

Yes you can give me ticket to mexico. But give me a mask also to go there . I think the media has hyped the swine flu so much because the media has got tired of speaking about global recession always. But I would like to take Richard also along with me, so that I can share his expertise in business talks.,.... HOW is that???

April 29, 2009 at 5:36 pm |
  13. ales

I would like to visit mexico...of course on a free ticket, but not a time where one's health is at risk

April 29, 2009 at 6:12 pm |
  14. eugene dwight - cairo egypt

Five years from now, Obama will NOT be remembered for how he 'saved' America, but how he 'buried' America in debt.

Mark these words.

By the way, I voted for him, but I'm sorry now that I did.

April 29, 2009 at 6:31 pm |
  15. Peter Vaz

The SARS created a hell on earth effect by the media and culled millions of chicken or birds and why today the media and the western world remains shun on SWINE in Mexico? Why China suffered at the hands of the West?.....can Professor Quest justify to us? Why are the health authorities in Mexico kept aside or hidden and not exposed ....and the media not allowed in the Pig farms of Mexico.....because it belongs to USA firms? Why is the European Union not banning the flights to USA and Mexico now? We need Prof. Quest to answer of all these bugs....or thugs..

April 30, 2009 at 4:41 am |
  16. Efrain

why not take the trip to Mexico. More than the half of the country ( in special Yucatan peninsular where is located the world famous resort "Cancun" ) is clear of this desease.

If you are worried about travel, stay at home!!! and also be aware about terrorist atacks that are more frequently in Europe, Middle East and Asia rather than in Mexico. don't you think??

April 30, 2009 at 2:18 pm |
  17. Dave Dawson

A FREE TICKET TO MEXICO?
    ONLY IF I CAN TEASE THE ANGEL OF DEATH – THE PROPER MUSLIM WAY OF COURSE!
    (I still prefer the free ticket to the good ol' U.S. of A.)
    Regards,

April 30, 2009 at 3:08 pm |
  18. Nadja

Look... how many people live in Mexico? How many people die of a "normal" flu each year?
    By the way- there is not 1 single case of swine flu in the peninsula of Yucatan (incl. Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Tulum,..) – but tourists are hystarically trying to escape this "place of horror"
    ...... imagine what impact THIS has on the tourist-economy (especially in that area) after struggelling already with the effects of the global recession...

May 2, 2009 at 2:38 am |
  19. Marny Villanueva

Free ticket to Mexico is a good start for rebuilding what's left for them to recover. Remember, there is opportunity where the trouble ends !

May 7, 2009 at 12:14 pm |
  20. Noman N stevin

Hi and hello Dear Mr Richard

i saw ur analysis and different issues about whats happeing in some of the other part of the world in which facts and figure are identified bye u but some are wrong and many are right but i most intersted to see the world by flyibng there .so kindly make me winer of mexico contest free ticket and full sponsored bye cnn and i am intersted in forex market of wall street Newyork and chicago and hong kong stock index and i know market is too valotile and right now i am trying to establish my own business of import and export and locally whole sale pray for me on cnn and pass my message to ralitza or her name i forget i like her and her .

With best regards
    Noman N Stevin

May 9, 2009 at 10:13 am |
  21. icons set

I apologise, but, in my opinion, you commit an error.

November 1, 2012 at 5:04 pm |