July 4th, 2009
12:12 PM GMT

LONDON, England – Trading in the markets is going to be a long-term challenge and my education is still far from complete, despite all I've learned over the past month.

Adrian Finighan has found it tough going trying his hand at market trading.
Adrian Finighan has found it tough going trying his hand at market trading.

I'd like to thank all those who've helped me in my quest: Ryan O'Doherty, James Hughes and Ashraf Laidi at CMC Markets, David Jones and his team at IG Index, David Buik for his invaluable advice and, of course, Robbie Burns, the Naked Trader.

If I've inspired you to become a Rookie Trader too then I wish you good fortune. The only advice I can give you is that everything you need to be able to trade successfully is, with an Internet connection, out there and freely available to you wherever you are and whatever your income.

Remember: study hard and be patient. Don't expect to be making big profits within weeks. Please bear in mind that without proper research it's easier to lose money than make it. But take it slow and steady and who knows what you'll have achieved by this time next year.

Good luck. I promise to come back and update you on my progress every now and then over time.

1. Russian

Thank you!

July 4, 2009 at 3:44 pm |
  2. Manuel Vilhena

Great series, have learned a lot and had fun while watching it. Tough world the world of trade.

July 5, 2009 at 10:25 am |
  3. Obaid

Apart from the fact that you are a financial journalist and I am a technical professional in oil & gas, the common point is that I was also looking to learn trading and explore its intricacies. Your programme has been a great help and more than that a great inspiration. Added to that are some very valuable tips from the experts. Look forward to have updates on your progress and any further tips.

July 7, 2009 at 9:55 pm |
  4. ApprenticeTrader

Fantastic. I love the series! I wish there was more!!!

July 8, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  5. Frank

Great series!

July 9, 2009 at 11:56 pm |
  6. Spock

Broke your promise about updates, it's been over 4 years.

September 21, 2013 at 2:04 pm |
  7. Steven

Hey must have blown his account Spock, like every other newbie who does not stick with! Ha!!!! What a disappointment, experienced one of the greatest bull markets, and we hear nothing!

October 18, 2013 at 3:37 pm |