October 30th, 2011
04:16 PM GMT

As world leaders prepare to gather in Cannes this week for the annual G20 summit, a generation of young people are being left out in the cold, forced to fend for themselves in the wake of the economic crisis.

Youth unemployment rates are at a record high: In Spain, it is at a staggering 44%. In Italy it's 28% while France does slightly better at 21%.

Even in Germany - the economic powerhouse of the Eurozone - youth unemployment is at 8%.

But has anyone really taken the time to hear how this generation of young people are doing?

Not really. At least I don't think so. That's why CNN's Diana Magnay and I will be embarking on a road trip around Europe to hear from young people and find out what their frustrations and fears really are.

On Monday, I'll be heading to Berlin to join Diana on the first leg of our epic journey, which will take us through Germany, Italy, France and Spain.

One of the things that makes this road trip so different is that we'll be organizing mini 'town hall meetings' in each city via social media.

We'll be reaching out via iReport, Twitter and Facebook to try and connect with some of you and share your stories on CNN.

At each stop on our journey we hope to have at least a few of you gathered with us to discuss how you feel about your European leaders, the economic crisis and the future - yours, and that of the continent as a whole.

We'll be sharing your views each and every day next week on CNN International on shows like Connect the World, Quest Means Business and World Business Today.

The key though is YOU!

We need you to reach out to us, and to make that trip into town to meet us. We promise there will be some coffee and snacks for you too!

Here's our schedule, if we can manage the mammoth drive.

Tuesday November 1: Munich, Germany

Wednesday November 2: Milan, Italy

Thursday November 3: Marseille, France

Friday November 4: Barcelona, Spain.

If you live in any of these cities and want to come and meet up with us, please send me an e-mail at Phil.Han@cnn.com or reach out to me via Twitter @PhilHanCNN.

1. Johnson

There is not a single Eastern European city planned. How accurate could your findings possibly be? Like reporting on the US en masse while excluding everything west of the Mississippi...

October 30, 2011 at 9:45 pm |
  2. Dylan

waarom niet nederland :( ?

October 30, 2011 at 10:14 pm |
  3. Rachel

I am a young person in Northern france...they could come here...feeling neglected

October 30, 2011 at 10:34 pm |
  4. Craig

I would aree, its not a road trip through Europe if you visit just these countries. Also, neglecting Eastern Europe is terrible. Come to Estonia!

October 31, 2011 at 5:23 am |
  5. Michiel

this will end up a totally biased report... 4 cities in 4 countries?? great coverage...

October 31, 2011 at 5:59 am |
  6. heidi lilla

no scandinavia, no eastern european countries, no switzerland although you will have to drive though, no britain! this is ridiculous! that's called waisting money! it's not objectif! but then it's quite excusable for people who can't tell sweden and switzerland apart! and who don't know paris, munich, milan and barcelona in europe! have a safe trip.

October 31, 2011 at 6:02 am |
  7. heidi lilla

i wanted to say who only know paris munich milan and barcelona in europe!

October 31, 2011 at 6:03 am |
  8. Franz Ostermeier

I have seen tent city across the United States, I feel there has been very little coverage from the streamline media.

October 31, 2011 at 6:24 am |
  9. Franz Ostermeier

Your trip sounds like the 'Griswold's European Vacation'. I believe you missed geography in class.

October 31, 2011 at 6:26 am |
  10. Hannes

Sensible not to go to eastern Europe since most of eastern Europes unemployed are in western Europe. An examination of youth unemployment in western Europe should begin by looking at the mass migration east to west that took place following EU expansion. This didn't just drive down wages for western Europeans, it reduced their opportunities.

October 31, 2011 at 7:39 am |
  11. A guy

Hannes, but i thought eastern europeans only took menial jobs that western europeans would not do ?

October 31, 2011 at 10:05 am |
  12. Johnson

Craig: I'm in Estonia.

October 31, 2011 at 10:54 am |
  13. Ryan

And South Africa? South Africa is a country with an enormous youth population of both ethnic, caucasian and asian members who are having trouble finding employment.

October 31, 2011 at 11:37 am |
  14. job after college

Heya i'm for the first time here. I came across this board and I in finding It really useful & it helped me out much. I'm hoping to offer something back and help others like you helped me.

May 15, 2012 at 4:36 pm |
  15. Automated Submission to Social Media

Hello there, I discovered your website via Google at the same time as searching for a comparable topic, your website got here up, it looks good. I have bookmarked to my favourites|added to my bookmarks.

June 1, 2012 at 8:52 pm |
  16. icon set

While very well.

P.S. Please review deviantART: xcubic's Journal

September 19, 2012 at 9:08 pm |
  17. Nike Dunk Heels

A basketball sporting goods has several parts that are similar to several athletic shoes The upper part about going to be the sporting goods that is all around nikesneaker2013comment going to be the foot is the fact that made back and forth from an all in one light in weight breathable material that may possibly include for you to

August 8, 2013 at 2:01 am |