December 19th, 2011
06:15 PM GMT

Dublin (CNN) – Many of the world's airports are evolving from origins as mass transit hubs into economic powerhouses.

Dublin has similar ambitions for its own gateway. The Irish capital is using its airport facilities as a carrot to attract green businesses. CNN's Jim Boulden flew into Dublin Airport's shiny new Terminal 2 for a closer look.

1. michael kelly

Somebody should have told CNN that the rail link to the airport ( as shown in the clip) has been shelved due to the state of the Irish economy

December 20, 2011 at 12:52 am |
  2. TheOldOne

Project like these could work if it is done by private initiative. But getting a burly bunch of bureaucrats involved, spending other people's money (and in this case borrosed money the future generations will have to repay), this is simply contrary to economic principles. We need less – much less – government.

December 20, 2011 at 3:40 am |
  3. Anonymous

Here's a suggested response to Harry Reid from Eric Cantor:

Come on Cantor...basketball analogy? That's for sissys...

I'll take your 1 year extension AND the pipeline but I raise you with an increase on taxes for the top 1% of your "friends"...
    Your turn...
    BTW, tell one of your "friends" Issa that he better kiss his re-election plans bye bye...Happy Hannukah!!!
    tick tock, tick tock, tick tock
    Anonymous

December 20, 2011 at 6:37 pm |
  4. Amy

I love the ease of flying in and out of Dublin!

December 21, 2011 at 2:36 pm |
  5. Cristoir

Those designs by The O'Toole Partnership look fantatstic.
    Very contemporaray and 'green'.
    These are the same architects who renovated the Old Central Terminal Building in Dublin Airport
    and who designed the fantastic Beacon South Quarter area in Sandyford, Dublin.
    They are at the cutting edge, in a cutting edge city.

February 16, 2012 at 7:22 pm |
  6. Lord Foster

I am a big admirer of The O'Toole Partnership.
    They combine a technical expertise with human scale designs that people relate to.
    Paddy O'Toole is a poet architect with a great sense of commercial realism, who surrounds himself
    with very talented creative people. The designs for Dublin Airport City look amazing, and we are very familiar in London with both their Beacon Court and Beacon South Quarter schemes. Thet have created a small utopia in the Dublin mountains.

February 16, 2012 at 7:31 pm |
  7. Macker

Yeah. I've seen the Beacon South Quarter development.
    It will be nice if they ever finish it.

February 16, 2012 at 7:38 pm |
  8. Yasamkela

Hi my name is Robert Twomey and the reason that you shloud pick me and my 4 friends is because I am a 2nd row just like Paul O’Connell and I play for the 1st Year CBC A team in Cork. I am a hard worker, I learn quickly and could really use some tips and pointers on how to be the best lock just like Paul. My friends and I work very hard at every session and I know they would enjoy and benefit from the experience just as much as I would, and it would be a fantastic experience to meet a complete legend! One of my goals is to make the Munster Schools team and I know this would definitely help me along the way to achieving my goal!My preferred location would be Limerick.Thanks very much!

May 15, 2012 at 4:36 am |
  9. icons library

You are right, in it something is. I thank folr the information, can, I too can help you something?

hpixel