March 31st, 2012
02:04 AM GMT

New York (CNN) – When I interviewed Research in Motion founder Mike Lazaridis two years ago at the launch of the Blackberry Torch, he was convinced the product would revive Blackberry’s fortunes because, “People don’t want to carry around two devices, they just want to carry one.”

He was right about that, but wrong about the device people wanted.

Thursday RIM announced a 23% drop in sales in the fourth quarter.  A recent Nielsen survey found only 5% of U.S. consumers buying a new smart phone chose a Blackberry.  It is a spectacular fall from grace for a company that pioneered push email and made their devices so indispensible they were nicknamed ‘Crackberrys.’

What happened?

For one thing, competition.  Workers who were issued Blackberry devices back in 2003-2005 didn’t just use them for work, they used them all the time and it didn’t take long for the likes of Apple and Google to catch on.  By 2007 both companies hit the market with phones that could not only deliver email and web access on the go, but had cool designs and access to app stores – something Blackberry did not.

But it wasn’t the competition that ultimately killed RIM’s edge.  The company suffered from “founder syndrome.” Mike Lazaridis and co-CEO Jim Balsillie created a brilliant product, but there were ultimately engineers that were blind to changes that were taking place.

In 2005, I went to Waterloo, Ontario to interview both men.  In lab coats and sanitized shoe booties, we toured the facilities and talked a lot about security and I.T. departments - not very much the user experience. It is something I have thought about often as I watched RIM’s stock and market share plummet.

It is often said that Steve Jobs was one of the few founders who was able to cannibalize his own products over and over.  Maybe it was Apple’s near death experience that enabled him to do that.  Is this finally RIM’s “a-ha” moment?  Maybe.

New CEO Thorsten Heins, who seemed in denial himself two months ago, has now announced a management shake-up, said he is open to selling or licensing part of the business. He vowed the company will turn its main focus back to the corporate market.  As one analyst told me, “it was the first RIM conference call in a long time where I didn’t roll my eyes.”

It may be too little, too late. Many of my friends and colleagues have gotten their I.T. departments to support their iPhones or Android phones. I can’t see them turning back.  And let’s not even mention tablets, which RIM has to practically give away to attract customers.

But RIM still had $4 billion in revenue. Their brand, though hurt, still carries weight – especially in developing countries.  And Matt Thornton, Avian Research in Boston says that if they do decide to license their operating system, and pare back from the hardware business, they have a shot.

“It will be a smaller company, but the gross margins on software companies can be 70-80% versus hardware companies which are closer to 40%,” he said.  Who might partner with Blackberry in a licensing deal?  Thornton thinks Samsung would make an interesting alliance.

Any Blackberry fans out there with advice for Thorsten Heins?  He’s gonna need it.

Posted by: ,
Filed under: BusinessTechnology

1. Bob

I work around the corner from RIM in Waterloo and most of the chatter is that they are going the way of the dinosaur. Complacency isn't the future. If Microsoft can't compete with Apple, how the hell is RIM going to? Unless they invent the next roll up or roll out, ultra thin tablet or electronic paper or something far out there then they are just yesterday smartphone. There's a huge market for smartphones that are rugged and durable. Why is everything hell bent on what some artsy fartsy New Yorker who thinks everyone wants a cutesy iphone. There are a ton of hard working men who need hard working rugged, water resistant and long lasting type phones/tablets etc....Construction, fabrication, design are all huge industries. Not everyone is a lawyer in a tie. Some are Engineers in jeans on a job site. My advice is RIM needs to market to who needs what, not just the yuppies and teens, huge untapped demographics all over the world.

March 31, 2012 at 2:36 am |
  2. guesta1

In third-world markets, the BB is still a great choice for its price. People don't want to spend on a more expensive product (like the iPhone).

March 31, 2012 at 4:45 am |
  3. Intrepid

March 31, 2012 at 5:09 am |
  4. JBrown

Bob,
    You sound just like one of those RIM executives who years ago lost sight of what makes a corporation great......'.INNOVATION'.

RIM has a good product in the Bold 9900/9930 series. All they had to do was put a high resolution display and graphics engine in the darn things yet, they dropped the ball once again. VGA display?????.........common people. If I'm going to pay $200 – $300 for a device on a two year contract, at least give me something that can compete with the speed and quality of the iPhone 4's outdated display.

March 31, 2012 at 5:14 am |
  5. Shubham Agnihotri

History is repeating ... Motorola has went through same ups and downs.

March 31, 2012 at 6:07 am |
  6. Sharad

Just upgrade the BBs and things will be fine...

March 31, 2012 at 8:42 am |
  7. Ashik Stephen

Somewhere down the line, RIM tried to shed the corporate image and opted for a sort of a micky mouse image to try and convince its potential customers that these phones are for everyone and not just for the men in the pin stripes. That was a disaster. They should've just concentrated on the corporate customer. Tell me one new feature appealing to the corporate user that RIM has introduced since it came out with the original. The answer is nothing. All the while, RIM was playing around with higher resolution cameras, touch screens et al. Just concentrate on what u are good at and BB will be in the black again. ( Oh, did i forget to mention the pink colored bb??)

March 31, 2012 at 9:27 am |
  8. Iyad Sultan from Jordan

Well, it is a difficult world... to be or not to be.. RIM has to learn from apple and think about catching a position in the inevitably coming "post iPhone era". The technology that is in the iPhone today was available 5 years ago but nobody was bold enough to put it together. So please get the best camera from sony, the best screen from Sharp and throw in your best processor there. Consolidate your products in one line and give it a name that means something "Blackberry version 2013". If you can throw in android OS to work simultaneously with your BB platform that will be great as it will open the android market for you. Then think about innovative connections (memory card slot for easy memory expansion, USB connector, etc) and have a good battery that can go without charging for days (possibly a solar powered recharger or a phone-only-mode which shuts the processor and keeps the phone up for extra day on a low battery charge)... Design it well to make it attractive for young consumers and ladies… Make it at a price the will make you lose money for the hardware but make money for the service… only then advertise it very well and if you fail, then don't try again in few years.. if you succeed, then try to make it an annual show like apple. Imagine this line: we made a device that is just like any other smartphone (of course you mean iPhone) except that it has the best camera, a pink color, an expandable memory, the longest battery life, and an actual keyboard.

March 31, 2012 at 9:34 am |
  9. Fernando

I work for a corporation and I am BB user since 05. I work in marketing. We have now the chance to move to iphone and I simply dont want to. I need quick reliabale and easy to use email. A chat service to talk to my wife and kids. A good camera to take pics of stuff I am doing and email them if needed but I dont need a superhighresolution fancy thing, nor tons os useless apps. In few words I want a Bberry and I am not an "engineer in jeans", nor a newyork lawyer. I like solid, reliable fast and easy to use bberries. And I hate Apple: "Toys r Us"

March 31, 2012 at 10:51 am |
  10. Babalawo

The amazing thing is that here in Venezuela people get killed for their BlackBerry. It says a lot about a country when a phone that nobody else in the world values is more valuable here than a human life.

March 31, 2012 at 11:51 am |
  11. ML

Convergence....

US consumers want a handheld COMPUTER more than a handheld PHONE. My daughters 6 and 9 year old both have hand-me-down iphones form their mom....and they use them constantly. But NOT as phones...they are too young for that. But they play games...access kids web sites...and even create animation. Who needs a phone when you can instant message...twitter...etc

Its only too late for RIM IF THEY LET IT BE.

Succesful tech companies need visionaries. HIRE ONE. The market needs to believe again. CONSUMERS need to believe again... GO RIM!

March 31, 2012 at 1:04 pm |
  12. steve

i disagree with this item
    for me black berry is the best at this moment
    i have used 45 different phone and blackbbery is the best
    my advise to others keep using the black berry you have the whole world in your hand

March 31, 2012 at 1:07 pm |
  13. Loki

It also has to do with apps. And RIM not supporting a variety of apps turns users off.

March 31, 2012 at 1:21 pm |
  14. Jay Proctor

I have a great idea for Blackberry, if they wish to contact me... Surely will not post it here, however...

March 31, 2012 at 1:24 pm |
  15. Jay Proctor

If interested, contact me Thorstein Heins... jwproc@hotmail.com

March 31, 2012 at 1:25 pm |
  16. MP4/3GP ADULT VIDEOS, GET IT NW 14YR N ABOVE

well, blackberry still rocking like never b4.

March 31, 2012 at 1:30 pm |
  17. TruVenezuela

@babalawo, some facts 1) A Blackberry 9900 which you can get in the US for $300 sells in Venezuela for VEF 4,800, that is $ 1,116 at the official exchange rate and the equivalent of THREE MONTHLY SALARIES at minimum wage. 2) Venezuela has a huge demand for Blackberries. About two million units are in service in a population of 28 million people. This makes the "business" of selling stolen phones a very profitable one. Our government has required operators to implement measures to prevent the reuse of stolen Blackberries, but I am sure that if phones were sold at more reasonable prices the problem would not have arisen in the first place. Radix malorum est cupiditas!!!!

March 31, 2012 at 2:45 pm |
  18. Zar

There have been companies that lost their core market base and then reinvented themselves by conquering other markets. I believe RIM knows it has a shot at that strategy. Their phones are king in places like Indonesia, a country that is slated to become one of the top ten economies in the next couple of decades. Ditto for India, where people are always looking for value for money options and therefore BBM makes a lot of sense for them. This may require a rethink in terms of profitability per user, since they will have to go after a volume business as opposed to the higher paying business consumer. However, these are all things I have seen RIM doing in the last little while. The question is whether they and their investors will have the patience to see the strategy through. It will take time. It may be worthwhile t segment the market into two broad groups, one is the U.S. and Europe, where they target business users only and pare down but not eliminate the consumer service. The other group is the developing world, where they can sell in volumes and build a revenue cash for the short to mid term, while working hard to innovate the next big thing. The problem with developing countries is that when they reach a certain stage, everyone wants the spiffier and more attention getting gadgets like the iPhone. Case in point, Singapore and Malaysia. Though Blackberries are still popular there, they don't hold a candle to the desire consumers have for the iPhone. So the trick is to build up a base in the developing world to get revenue, buying time to innovate for the future and all markets.

March 31, 2012 at 3:31 pm |
  19. Scott

I think RIM have as much chance at a corporate comeback as Lotus Notes has of dominating corporate email.

March 31, 2012 at 4:52 pm |
  20. jennysserendipity

BB is still very big here in the Philippines because of its cheap price!

March 31, 2012 at 5:21 pm |
  21. Brian

Blackberry's not completely dead yet, they are popular worldwide since they are easy to obtain and use in other markets. Here in the U.S, though, they've lost their ground. Now that they are backing out of the consumer market, they will never regain the glory they once had.

March 31, 2012 at 5:34 pm |
  22. MG

Come on Steve.....45 phones? lets say you used each one for 2 months...........thats 90 months.....12 months in a year.....thats a little less than 8 years of constant switching between phones and systems. Do you think we're all idiots?????

March 31, 2012 at 5:36 pm |
  23. Boobs

Would like to know is not possible for Blackberry to offer BBM messenger as a pay for, subscription, application on other smart phones like Android or Apple,while it remains a free feature of Blackberry handsets.
    They could gain extra revenue while they widen their borders into other app stores,in existing markets, attracting more into the Blackberry community.

March 31, 2012 at 8:48 pm |
  24. shep

Funny, everyone who thinks BB can make it in the developing markets because they are "cheap?" I think that's a market strategy that few CEO's want to chase down! In the world of iWhatever cool is a factor you can't create without a cool product. Face it, the BB is clunky and though there's ardent fans out there- there's not enough of them to keep BB alive with it's current lineup of phones.

March 31, 2012 at 9:01 pm |
  25. government cheese

It wasn't called Crackberry until Obama became president. Freudian slip? LOL

March 31, 2012 at 11:07 pm |
  26. Peter

"If Microsoft can't compete with Apple..." says one poster. And therein lies RIMS biggest mistake I think. They never should have been competing with Apple in the consumer space at all. Their strength and niche had always been the enterprise. They should have stuck to that. They should have concentrated their resources on making the enterprise product even more compelling. They should have built a business targeted tablet instead of the PlayBook ... an obvious consumer media device.

March 31, 2012 at 11:34 pm |
  27. Sammy

Really, "government cheese"? What does Obama have to do with it? Maybe you hadn't heard it called "crackberry", but that doesn't mean it didn't happen. My friends and I referred to our "crackberries" all the time when we were in high school and that was definitely before Obama was elected.

April 1, 2012 at 12:53 am |
  28. vincent

make a bb tablet the size of samsung galaxy note and put slot for usb. that would be the day.

April 1, 2012 at 1:57 am |
  29. KBR

RIM has to dump the all data goes through the RIM single point of failure system. They have had one major outage every calendar eyar for the last 3-4 years.

April 1, 2012 at 3:54 am |
  30. pescado101

RIM stop blocking my BB from getting Skype!!!

April 1, 2012 at 4:12 am |
  31. maryam

this site is very good to learn english for free

April 1, 2012 at 6:40 am |
  32. Bobby

Only advice: Back to the CORE!!!

April 1, 2012 at 12:29 pm |
  33. Tom_Gwynn

I don't see how concentrating on the corporate market is going to help RIM. Blackberry lost their edge because they lost their one overwhelming advantage, which was push email integration with Microsoft Exchange. Love it or hate it, Microsoft Exchange powers virtually all corporate messaging environments. RIM's Blackberry Enterprise Server interfaced with Exchange 5.5 and 2000 and made push email practical from the platform. We in corporate IT were not fond of BES; it was expensive, difficult to configure and whenever Microsoft patched the Exchange store it broke, but when it was working it was solid and a much, much better solution than anyone else had at the time. (IE, Palm). But then came Exchange 2003 sp-1, where Microsoft fixed the architecture of Activesync so that it worked and didn't cost you a fortune in minutes to use. The remote messaging server was now built into Exchange itself, and it was available to anyone willing to put in the minor work involved to support MS Activesync on their phone. Which Android and Iphone promptly did. Exchange 2007 and 2010 continued to improve Activesync from a security standpoint; it's just as good as BES ever was, and it's built in to Exchange and thus free, and easier to support. It's just as easy for me to support an Iphone or a Droid as it is to support a Blackberry, and that's where user preference starts coming to the fore; they want the same experience that they have with their consumer phone. Heck, as long as they don't mind that I can remote wipe their phone if they lose it, they can use their personal phones. They like it because they only have to carry one phone, and I like it because I don't even have to pay for the phone. So how is RIM going to somehow retreat to the corporate market? Unless you're dealing with Manhatten-project type security needs, the corporate market *is* the consumer market.

April 1, 2012 at 3:10 pm |
  34. MP4/3GP ADULT VIDEOS, GET IT NW 14YR N ABOVE

well spoken guys.

April 1, 2012 at 7:40 pm |
  35. willpower404

back berry is alive and kicking in Jamaica..

April 1, 2012 at 8:57 pm |
  36. Tiffany

I love my BB Torch. I can't use the iPhone because the touchscreen keyboard annoys me to no end. I need to be able to use an actual keyboard. It's unfortunate that there is no access to an app catalogue like Apple's App Store. I also don't like not having Flash Player, but from what I understand, it's in the new Torch. I am sticking with BB.

April 2, 2012 at 12:59 am |
  37. jfc1

...come on, we all know it's the apps.

Blackberry makes decent phones, but that's all they're really good for because the app support suxxors on them.

That plus better cameras in the iPhones, access to iTunes and now the iPad, basically running the same apps from the iStore? And then Android on top of that?

Exactly where is Blackberry going to compete?

Oh: they're going to compete on price for things like Internet access and commercial email support? My carrier tacks-on a $10/month surcharge for "Blackberry support". For an email account that I never use, and browser access on my phone? Get real...

They just have nothing and no space anywhere that isn't already being dominated by either Apple or Android. With Win8 close behind. And they were FIRST in this market.

April 2, 2012 at 4:18 am |
  38. jfc1

...the whole point of corporate phones was to prevent employees from having to deal with the high price of minutes and data-rates especially with SMS and Exchange traffic...now that prices have dropped way down, what's the point of getting a corporate phone? Why should a company give its employees phones? Let them buy their own phones and pay for the service themselves.

April 2, 2012 at 4:24 am |
  39. jfc1

"make a bb tablet the size of [whatever] and put [whatever]. that would be the day."

Then you'd have just another tablet in a market full of tablets.
    They might as well get into the laptop market.

Face it: there is simply nothing that says "I must have a Blackberry" whatever. They are the [fill-in your favorite 80s rock-band] of mobile technology.

April 2, 2012 at 4:39 am |
  40. jfc1

continuing along the connectivity train of thought

Right now I have a BB9550 which I used to use as a modem for my laptop, for wireless internet on the go. Paying $50 for voice & data through the phone, for example, that's $1200 over a 2 year contract. Then my carrier (Tmobile) decided to charge extra for "tethering" and the phone only supports 115kbps anyway aside from the fact that it's only a 3G phone and I don't like browing the web on a phone anyway, so I bought (on a 2 year contract) a "Rocket" 4G wireless USB adapter...that's a $150 deposit and another $70/month for 10Gb @ 4G speeds with a sustained throughput of about 2Gb/sec. My total connectivity charges are now $120/month and over a 2 year contract that adds up to $2800. I still will not own the Rocket but I will own the phone, which by then will be 3+ years outof date (cost me $150 on eBay last year).

Toss all of that into a BB phone or tablet, give all the connectivity away for free...and that's a massive incentive to go with BB instead of an Android or iOS device. BB then controls the data-stream and that gives all sort of potential for long-term profitmaking.

If they buy a US carrier and toss-in the service they can't lose.

April 2, 2012 at 5:37 am |
  41. ACB

I think Thorsten Heins needs to focus on the experience of the business user and improve customer service radically.

For e.g. My company in Europe offers only Blackberry phones and recently my 2-yr-old BB had keyboard issues (it returned a 4 if I pressed 5!) so I asked for a change of keyboard. They shared the whole device has to be changed (I guess at our cost) so I got a new one which I soon realized was getting too hot for use when I tried to charge it. I complained and got a new one again and this one just kept switching off without any warning! Finally, after 2 months of exchanges (and transferring data and contacts from one phone to another), I got upgraded to a higher version which works just fine. Of course, our office administrator was interacting with the BB vendor and I understood the vendor felt bad but throughout this experience I as an user did not get a single call from any BB Manager or anything that will make me feel I should continue with RIM – I was about to tell my company that if they insist on me using a BB, then, I will rather buy an iPhone or another smartphone at my cost! I think the BB works reasonably fine for a business user and they just need to care more for the user directly and improve their customer service. They just need to talk to business users and sit in their customer service cells to get a feel of how customers feel about using the BB!

April 2, 2012 at 3:09 pm |
  42. Joe G

I have a blackberry (from work) and absolutley hate it. The screen is so small I can't see it and the buttons are so small I can scarcely hit the right one. My kids have I phones and they are really easy to use. I am not a technical person but knowing what I do about the BB (as a user) I can't believe they are still in business.

April 2, 2012 at 3:42 pm |
  43. Joe

I still like my BB, but I knew they were falling behind years ago. When companies started adding camera's to phones a RIM exec stated they'd never do that because BB's are business devices. I knew right there that they were going to self destruct. They should have lead the way with new features yet they purposely fell behind. No camera, poor web browsing, and they even missed the big touch screen opportunities.

Apple recovered from their near disaster and so can RIM. But recovery is never easy, and they'll never be a leader again thanks to well paid – but clueless execs.

April 2, 2012 at 6:53 pm |
  44. garyM

I love my blackberry with its fast reliable email and easy to use calling interface. But I'm paying $30/month for internet and all I'm getting is push mail. The browser is simply unusable. If I need to locate a business, a phone number, or google directions – it's a waste of time: the browser is stuck on ">>>>>>........" loading forever. Even when I put it on the WIFI at home, it's ridicoulous. For a $600 device with $100 monthly fees, it is surprising that they lasted as long as they did. It's over folks. Microsoft and Blackberry have lost touch with innovation.

April 2, 2012 at 11:18 pm |
  45. HiramG

Blackberry has the best products out in the market... I currently have an iPhone and a Blackberry 9800.... and just to make it clear I LOVE MY BLACKBERRY TORCH... iPhone can't even come close to quick e-mail or instant messaging. Blackberry show them what you've got, you have a thousands of patents, that work in your favor. You guys need to develop an iPhone killer just jump ahead of the game, all you need to do is incorporate the best of everything that is available to create the best smart phone, something that will make everyones jaw drop... and kill iPhones moment right after they show of their new generation iPhone.

April 3, 2012 at 6:25 am |
  46. Joe Kenadee

The reason for Blackberry's demise is simple e-mail is as irrelevant as snail mail now. It's all about instant message, tweets, text and facebook for communication now. We only check our e-mail if we must=( Blackberry is as useful as AOL Dial-up service a good choice when your alternative is nothing at all. In addition the Torch suffered a design flaw they didn't do their engineering very well.

April 4, 2012 at 2:50 am |
  47. George Greek

Blackberry's tablet, called the 'PlayBook' is AMAZING! I have an iPAD 2 and a PlayBook, and I much prefer the portability and functionality of the PlayBook! PlayBook's O.S., called QNX is utterly seamless and powerful, and web browsing is a total joy, with web pages loading just like you would see them on a PC, and with 'Flash' (unlike the iPAD). The graphics, camera, and 1080p video is absolutely mind blowing. This is the best 7" tablet by far, and i'm always getting 'OOHS' and 'AHHS' from the public while i'm out having breakfast or lunch at a WiFi restaurant. I've been a 'techie' for a while now, and it takes a lot to impress me. The 'PlayBook' is the best piece of technology/gadget out on the market today, and a HUGE value. I believe the 'PlayBook' could save RIM, but they need to get some good ads going. They should hire VW's ad company pronto and sell a ton of these devices that, in my opinion, are on par if not better than the iPAD! Lastly, no I do not work for RIM. I just love this product, which happens to be my first 'BlackBerry' product ever!

April 4, 2012 at 8:25 pm |
  48. George

Two words. Palm Pilot.

April 4, 2012 at 11:09 pm |
  49. Android user

The BB made its name for being a secure phone, its why IT departments like them. We use them at my work. But that's ALL it does. It ONLY delivers email and ONLY accepts calls. I have to carry around this large device for just that! Why can't it be more? Why can't it also handle other things, if my employer were to allow it in the policies?

There is no excuse why Blackberry doesn't have an iphone-esque product on the market. That is exactly what they need to do to capture people's minds. They need to make an iphone-esque blackberry smartphone. A slick one, with with a touch screen, good graphics, slick glass display, and multiple "options" that can be installed.

The options would need to be enabled by your IT team. Stuff like downloads, games, music, movies, camera, could be enabled or disabled by your IT team and your organizations varying needs. On the other hand if a user bought one for themselves, maybe they could have those things for themselves, but then hook it into company mail securely.

There could even be rugged options like someone said for those on a job site, who need a phone to last, that can survive being submerged or being dropped.

How, in all the years this has been going on in the phone world, has Blackberry not had these ideas? I had these ideas as I was reading this article. Is Blackberry's team really THAT out of touch with the public?

You want a larger market share, you need to make it appeal to people.

April 6, 2012 at 6:08 pm |
  50. tao

Put two screens on it. One front, with keyboard, one back for touch screen. Then flip it over to use.
    You're welcome. I love my crackberry.

April 10, 2012 at 2:27 pm |
  51. Richard

To the one poster mentioning "hard working people" looking for rugged, waterproof, etc. There are already products like that, phones and tablets made by companies like Motorola and these products are rarely seen in public. They are aimed at exactly the people he mentions and they don't sell them at firesale prices because they don't have to.
    Figure on $2000 for a REAL ruggedized tablet.

April 10, 2012 at 6:01 pm |
  52. Semplex

Intrepid wrote: "In less than 5 years we will not need to worry about new toys. America for example will have a GDP of 100%. That will be the end of frivolous consumption for at least a generation."

GDP (Gross Domestic Product) will be 100%? What on earth are you babbling about?

April 13, 2012 at 3:51 pm |
  53. Ted Striker

Think he was talking about debt as a % of GDP but messed it up

April 13, 2012 at 3:54 pm |
  54. tampabay

Like RIM, I worked at a company in Florida that was also in denial about changing from the Blackberry to the Apple IPhone. The guy who was in charge of corporate telephony suggested a switch to the IPhone. I was amazed to hear how some managers tried to influence him and force him to keep the Blackberry as the de-facto corporate standard. The CEO (my guess) caught on to this and asked to change his Blackberry to an IPhone. It was amazing how suddenly everyone embraced the IPhone. That's why I hate corporate hypocrisy and Blackberry sucks. And so does the new Microsoft phone OS.

April 14, 2012 at 3:57 pm |
  55. voice over ip providers free

I�ve read some good stuff here. Definitely worth bookmarking for revisiting. I surprise how much effort you put to create such a wonderful informative site.

April 22, 2012 at 6:41 pm |
  56. Buzzincali

2 years ago the company I work for issued us Blackberries, in my opinion the only good thing about them is email.
    I work in a harsh environment and they just dont stand up to the abuse, and the biggest negative to me is I actually have to use it as a phone which it isn't, I got better sound quality with 2 cans and a string. Every phone call I make I constantly have to repeat myself and speak very slowly. They even changed providers claiming it was the network we were on but it was quickly realized that the phone portion doesn't cut the mustard.

It has now been decided we are going back to phones for phones and laptops for email and I am beside myself with joy.

April 27, 2012 at 5:42 am |
  57. bagheerasblog

I'm not trying to be rude, but I hate my Blackberry. My wife's corporate phone is an iPhone. My friend's corporate phone is a Samsung Galaxy S II. I have a Blackberry, and I am the laughing stock of the group. Blackberry needs to get with the program. Smart phone, large screen, Galaxy/iPhone functionality, and get rid of that stupid keyboard. I can't wait to get rid of this antiquated PDA throwback. Hopefully, the IT nerds in my company will finally get embarrassed enough to move past last-decade technology.

April 28, 2012 at 12:20 am |
  58. that pos phone

So i was a fan of the BB for a few years, starting with the fun to use Curve. I loved it but had to replace it a couple times. My GF gifted me a brand new Torch for my bday, when they came out, and it worked great for like a month. Then it became clear that it was already obsolete. Since i dont always have to have the latest, newest toys, that didn't bother me much. It didnt even bug me too much that it was a huge hassle to tether my laptop to it. It did bother me to no end when the Torch became a useless turd, incapable of the most basic tasks, such as simple texting or even making calls. So I got me an android phone, and I could not be happier with the easy of use, amazingly smart features, it's very smart and fun. So bye bye, BB, if you cant run with the big dogs, stay in the porch...

April 28, 2012 at 3:52 pm |
  59. Senuke x cracked

You could definitely see your expertise within the paintings you write. The world hopes for more passionate writers like you who are not afraid to mention how they believe. All the time go after your heart.

August 22, 2012 at 1:36 pm |
  60. icons library

Amusing topic

P.S. Please review Filter Icon from database-icons

September 20, 2012 at 8:20 am |
  61. nokia

Heya i'm for the first time here. I found this board and I in finding It truly helpful & it helped me out a lot. I'm hoping to provide one thing again and aid others like you helped me.

December 10, 2012 at 9:04 pm |
  62. apps

Music began playing anytime I opened up this web page, so irritating! apps https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdaA5JVFLts

March 29, 2013 at 2:29 am |