March 1st, 2013
05:04 AM GMT

(CNN) - Only 1% of kids leaving schools in developed countries understand coding, "and yet that is where a lot of the jobs are," said Frank Meehan, CEO of Kuato. "And kids understand that, they want to learn."

That point got more traction this week, as Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg appear with a host of other internet stars talking about the importance of code education.

Kuato CEO explains how it teaches children the basics of coding.

Filed under: Quest Means Business

1. slickrickmed

Reblogged this on and commented:
    Well it's nice to be a part of that 1%.

March 1, 2013 at 4:53 pm |
  2. Katie Robinson

Who are the "kids"? If this means they're trying to implement coding classes into High School and/or Middle School, then that's a great idea! If I had realized how crucial it was going to be to have some type of knowledge about coding I would have done it. I didn't, so I went with my idea of what I wanted from college and missed that opportunity.

March 1, 2013 at 6:08 pm |
  3. sunnydimber20

we need to change our education system
    at least in india.
    Because point of view of an indian is more score in exam higer is knowledge .
    I am very dispoint with this concept.
    Also we want revolution in exam. I obsorved that many students got answers but they can't express , they are strugling with language.

March 5, 2013 at 2:12 am |
  4. Longhorn Web Design

Reblogged this on Longhorn Web Design.

March 5, 2013 at 12:47 pm |
  5. Flores online

Its a great idea

March 14, 2013 at 1:51 am |
  6. chrismcintire

Reblogged this on Chris McIntire.

April 4, 2013 at 1:22 am |
  7. JOHN IBEWUIKE

I SUPPORT THE IDEA & I WANT IT EXTENDED NIGERIA

June 2, 2013 at 9:00 pm |
  8. mobile2http://hyperpoly.wordpress.com/2013/05/25/mobile-voip-to-the-rescue/

Thanks for the info.

June 24, 2013 at 5:47 pm |
  9. educational rugs

That is really attention-grabbing, You're an overly professional blogger. I've joined your feed and stay up for looking for extra of your excellent post. Also, I have shared your site in my social networks

July 3, 2013 at 12:12 pm |
  10. Emmanuel Onyema

Its a good idea to teach kid coding but most tenagers and youth don't know how to code. Do you know that Nigerians are one of the highest internet users in Africa but most internet users don't know anything about coding I suggest that these code tutorials for youth and tenagers especially Africans

August 4, 2013 at 1:41 pm |
  11. m.s.mohamed ansari

16-08-2013
    M.S.MOHAMED ANSARI

100% I CANT RECOVER GLOBAL ECONOMY WITHIN 3 DAYS IF YOU ARE ABLE TO CONTROL THE MEDIA AND PRESS AS PER MY DIRECTION

THANKING YOU

August 16, 2013 at 3:07 am |
  12. m.s.mohamed ansari

Please ignore war save the global economy this questing is money
    Please tell me correct answer 10
    1. Who will control by global .queen or press media
    2. Big mistake Iraq war. Intelligent agency or global leader
    3. Press and media work created news or natural news
    4. All Arabs country leader in shia . law is sunny so major population sunny Islam not allowed kingdom
    5. Election. Pooling system or designing world
    6. All bank financing system control by each country reserve bank or Microsoft
    7. All country was democracy or again British control
    8. World censor board somebody control or no
    9. White house functions indojowal or house of command. Hose of lord
    10. in future human right policy .each every country equal currency and open emigration policy all country

August 30, 2013 at 9:06 am |
  13. rokibrahimi

IT'S GOOD TO FOR YOUTH TO LEAR CODE

October 4, 2013 at 5:37 pm |
  14. Lembone Moussa

Childreen teaching is good and i want to be a childreen teacher one day because teach a child mean that build a countrui

October 13, 2013 at 12:47 pm |
  15. faceia muntufa

Ok i will be on

October 27, 2013 at 10:36 pm |
  16. Elrshied safi

Iwhould like toinjoymy selfe with you on happy of land

November 3, 2013 at 12:09 pm |
  17. THOMAS JESUS.

I want to thank all of you for discusing the issue of coding.
    I have this undying passion for copmputer/internet.
    I can find my way arround the net 100%. But i want to know morethan browsing the internet when it comes to computer related.
    So please i will be glad if any of you can choose to mentor me.
    Thanks.

November 8, 2013 at 5:45 pm |
  18. Farotimi tajudeen yemi

It is good for the parent to teach their children code from the beginning

November 22, 2013 at 8:30 am |
  19. Nmezi Tobias

these a real good idea"but i think it should be extend to the youth please'am a youth "a compuuter science student yet i don't knw hw to write a code and it gives me much concern?please let it be extended to nigeria pls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

December 1, 2013 at 1:16 pm |
  20. Reuben Tetteh

please how can i get some to buy, am in Ghana

December 15, 2013 at 12:26 pm |
  21. NYC fitness events

"Only 1% of kids leaving schools in developed countries understand coding, "and yet that is where a lot of the jobs are," said Frank Meehan, CEO of Kuato. "And kids understand that, they want to learn.""

So much money can be made in Computer programming. I believe that the schools are at felt. I believe they just don't understand it.

February 1, 2014 at 6:46 pm |
  22. Steve

I've worked in schools in S.E. Asia, basic html coding is a required subject for any science major. Not sure where these statistics came from but perhaps it's just a lack of interest or a minor talent not a major one ;)

March 9, 2014 at 1:31 am |
  23. Cornelia Logofatu

Today i wrote on facebook for the president of the Mormon Church, T. S. Monson, about the abominabile crime, discrimination and apartheid.
    In fact, what is important to know is that The Mormon Church in Romania is represented under the name Romania-Moldova Mision and it has such a huge political influence creating many bad social consequences reproduce as a corrupted and lawlessly facts.
    A cause of this corruption is the illegitimacy character of american-romanian relationship often encounter as a polygamy.

March 28, 2014 at 12:30 pm |